|Full Name||Richard Ian Charlesworth|
|Nickname (s)||Ric Charlesworth|
|Profession (s)||Hockey Player, Politician|
Physical Stats and More
|Date of Birth||6 February 1952|
|Day of Birth||Thursday|
|Place of Birth||Subiaco, Western Australia, Australia|
|Sexual Orientation||Not Known|
|Wife||Carmen Charlesworth, 2nd Frances Charlesworth,|
|Children||Jonathon Charlesworth, Elizabeth Charlesworth, Kate
|Australian Labor Party|
Career – Batting
|Awards and Honours||
|Total worth||$1 Million – $5 Million approx|
|Richard Charlesworth Quotes||The interesting thing about coaching is that you have to trouble the comfortable, and comfort the troubled|
Lesser Known Facts about Ric Charlesworth
- Whether leading the globe in hockey, captaining Western Australia in cricket or winning a seat in federal parliament, he mastered every field he joined, with his sheer luster.
- He is a tactical brilliant in football as well which appears via his mentoring roles in Australian Football Organization circles.
- His participation in national politics lasted a decade and his work as a management member of the Western Australian Institute of Sports Board was a clear insight of his multi-talented character.
- Yet his most efficient function was, undoubtedly, the one of being a phenomenal train of Australian national hockey groups, both men and women. Under his guidance, both groups raised triumphantly in lots of global tournaments including the Hockey Globe Cup and the Hockey Champions Trophy.
- He is the very first individual to have played in and trained a Gold medal-winning Globe Mug group in hockey.
- From 1972 to 1979, he played 47 first-class cricket matches for the Western Australian group. He was additionally a part of Sheffield Shield winning teams in 1972– 73, 1976– 77 and 1977—78.
- Richard belonged to five Olympic groups and captained the team in the 1980 and 1984 Olympics.
- He was likewise a participant of 4 World Mug hockey teams.
- In 1983, he got in national politics and ended up being a Federal Member of Parliament for Perth, from the Australian Labor Party, a placement he held for ten years before retiring in 1993.
- Richard also acted as the head instructor of the Australian Women’s hockey team, the Hockeyroos, from 1993 to 2000.
- Ric Charlesworth’s first publication in 2001 ‘The Train – Taking Care Of for Success’ was released. It suggested fascinating suggestions regarding coaching ideologies to achieve success in any area.
- His second book, ‘Remaining on Top’, which was released in 2002
- In 2004, he released his third publication, ‘Shakespeare the Train’, which is even more of an inspirational manual for coaches, educators, managers, and trainers.
- Richards likewise served as a member of the Western Australian Institute of Sports Board twice in his management job; 1984– 1992, and 2001– 2005.
- Following his consultation with the Hockeyroos, he was selected as the high-performance supervisor for New Zealand Cricket and later on occupied the duty of Technical Consultant to Indian Hockey.
- In 2009, he ended up being the Head Coach of the Australian Male’s hockey group, Kookaburras.
- He resigned from his post in 2014.
- He was elected as the Federal Member for Perth in 1983, standing for the Australian Labor Event, and belonged to Parliament for 10 years up until retiring in 1993.
- He went to the exact same college, University of Western Australia, as Bob Hawke.
- Ric Charlesworth is best called a Cricket Gamer. Varied and effective former Member of Parliament that played expert cricket and field hockey, and was a trainer of the Australian ladies’ hockey group.
- On TRENDCELEBSNOW.COM, He is one of the effective Cricket players. He has actually ranked on the listing of those famous people that were born upon February 6, 1952.
- He is among the Richest Cricket Gamer that was birthed in Australia.
- Charlesworth claimed one factor for retiring from Parliament was that he never ever became a preacher.
- Charlesworth belonged to the Australian Sports Commission Board 1994– 97 and Western Australian Institute of Sporting Activity Board 1984-1992, 2001-2005.
- He has actually created three books: The Train– Taking Care Of for Success, Staying at the Leading and Shakespeare the Train.
- Charlesworth’s first love was hockey, in the National group playing 18 years for WA, as well as National teams for 17 years. Throughout this duration, he was selected for 5 and most likely to 4 Olympics with the Australian group.
- Charlesworth prided himself on prep work and also agreeing to try originalities.
- Hockey roos instructor for 8 years (1993-2000); 2 Olympic Gold medals & 2 Globe Cup Golds. They sat rated # 1 on the planet for the entire duration with Charlesworth as a trainer.
- Richard treated his mentoring as an opportunity to elevate the sports aspirations of both himself, as well as others, putting a focus on bettering the people he had and locating exciting and brand-new talent.
- It was his history in medication and also politics that gave him an unusual blend of expertise for his life as a coach.
- Charlesworth thinks it’s much less concerning staying with one point, as well as a lot more about re-training on your own in new areas utilizing your core competencies.
- His journey was a somewhat difficult one, studying medicine while playing international sporting activity. After that entering parliament and going on to training.
- He made the mindful choice as well as a lifestyle choice to step down from parliament as he was finding the rigors of travel and lack of family members’ time as well extreme.
- Today, Charlesworth has the likes of the AIS, AFL & Cricket Australia as a few of his client list.
- He is the author of 4, soon to be 5 books and also bases himself in Perth, Western Australia with his household.